Wednesday, December 27, 2006

The holidays are a weird time that bring out all kinds of emotions in people. This year marks the first x-mas that I am away from my family. I have missed a couple christmas' here and there, but this is the first one living away from my home in Montreal. Seeing as how I am surrounded by my husband's family here, I thought that I would be too caught up to even notice that everything would be different. But low and behold I miss my crazy family and I miss the not so formal tradition that I shared with them. For us it really was about the time spent together and I find myself missing those feelings.
Here is a list of the things that I miss:
1-My mom, she always tries to do the right thing.
2-The relaxed vibe.
3-The food, so tasty and also good for you.
4-My own presence. I feel as though I have removed myself.

Christmas has come and gone and the recovery has just begun with the acquisition of a nice cold. First one of the season, so not too bad.





















The highlight of my holidays was the elfster gift exchange that I was a part of with the "cousins". My secret santa spoiled me with a pair of the most awesome winter boots
(will I even need them Global Warming?), an awesome cd and a talking Mr. T keychain, "Don't make me mad, grrrr!".
I was very sad though to wake up on x-mas morning to find that Mr. James Brown had died. What will we all do now without The Godfather of Soul? I look forward to hearing nothing but James Brown from everyone for the next little while.

As the new year approaches there is much reflection on what was accomplished this year. Although I don't have very much to be proud for this year (no awards), I do feel as though I have started a new chapter in my life. I still don't feel as though I know what I'm doing, or even what to do next. I am however forever optimistic.


2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love James Brown too, but, you know, he did play Nixon's second inauguration. I mean, come on.

3:43 PM  
Blogger Paule Myers said...

You know some of us were not born yet for Nixon's inauguration, nor are we american...yet.

10:53 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home